Duncannon Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Duncannon PA
If you would like more information on any of these Duncannon real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties which have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
Sign up for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Duncannon real estate listings come on the market that match your specific criteria or save your favorite Duncannon real estate listings. The Dave Hooke Team is your key to Central PA Real Estate
Search All Duncannon Homes for Sale Below
Relocating to Duncannon
Duncannon was established in 1865 in Perry County, Pennsylvania. For those who love the outdoors, this small two of 1,500 is part of the Great Appalachian trail, with the trail itself following several streets through the borough. Duncannon is considered a place to slow down, allowing its residents a stunning scenery of both mountains and rivers, allowing for a taste of small-town American life.
Continue to read to find all the reasons why the small all-American town of Duncannon, PA may be the right place for you!
Duncannon Real Estate/Housing
According to Niche, Duncannon offers its residents a dense suburban feel and many residents own their own homes, rather than rent. The median home value is $115,700, and the median rent is $677. 50% of the population rents, and the other 50% owns their homes.
Public schools in Duncannon, PA are zoned in the Susquenita School District, which has a C+ Niche Grade with 1,730 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15:1. The top-rated schools in Duncannon, PA are rated as follows by grade level.
- Susquenita Elementary School. Overall Niche Grade of B-, Academics Grade of B-, Diversity Grade of B-, Teachers Grade of B+
- Susquentia Middle School. Overall Niche Grade of C, Academics Grade of C+, Diversity Grade of B-, Teachers grade of B-
- Susquentia High School. Overall Niche Grade of B-, Academics Grade of B-, Diversity Grade of C+, Teachers Grade of A-, College Prep Grade of B-
Points of Interest in Duncannon
Many visitors are drawn to the Duncannon area like to hike the Appalachian Trail, which runs through the town. While there is great hiking in the area for outdoor enthusiasts, there is also plenty to keep non-hikers busy as well. There are many top picks for things to keep you busy when in Duncannon, PA.
- Buddy Boy Winery and Vineyard. This winery has a fun, rural setting that is more distillery than the winery. Buddy Boy Winery and Vineyard has an unsuspecting vibe, true, but it also has an extensive wine list. The sweetest wines stand out here, featuring a unique variety of other offerings, from fruity wines to wines featuring wild grapes.
- The Old Sled Works. This antique mall has a craft section, many penny arcades with older games, a museum, and an old soda fountain! The Old Sled Works is in what was once the old Lightning Guider Sled factory, where, from 1904-1988, millions of sleds were made, more than any factory in America! Now, there are over 100 antique and craft stalls, as well as smaller arcades scattered throughout the building where you can still play!
- Hawk Rock and Cove Mountain Overlooks. Located outside of Duncannon is the trailhead for Hawk Rock Overlook. This one-mile-long trail to the top takes you a whopping 750 feet above the valley, offering a stunning view of the Susquehanna River Valley. The views on the trail are considered to be some of the finest in the area and worth the short hike to the top.
Restaurants & Coffee Shops in Duncannon
Because of the relatively small size of Duncannon, PA, you can bet that you will find the best of the best local delicacies around. Small-town eating never disappoints, and neither will the quaint, yet unique coffee shops around the town. These are our top picks for anyone visiting the area.
- Sorrento Pizza. At Sorrento Pizza, the ingredients are fresh and locally sourced. The recipes for each dish are family traditions, straight from Mammola, Italy. Items on the menu feature pizza, pasta, meat, and seafood. Sorrento Pizza is the perfect Italian-style comfort food.
- Doyle Hotel. This hot spot has been the center of Duncannon since 1905, serving as the pillar to both the town and the Appalachian Trail. The sanctuary of Doyle Hotel has been a great place for hikers to stop by for a place to eat and stay. Here, you can find classic American food, and a one-of-a-kind ambiance, full of living, breathing history.
- Wilderlove Coffee Co. This fun and quaint coffee shop is unique in that it features fresh blooms accompanied by a colorful mural on the front of Wilderlove Coffee Co.'s front. Items on the menu include organic matcha tea lattes, and yummy bagels including everything, sourdough, blueberry, and cinnamon raisin.
- Michaels Cafe Inc. Located across the Clarks Ferry Bridge, Michaels Cafe Inc features a variety of delicious innovative American fare at reasonable prices.
For more information on Duncannon, PA, contact us.
Contact Your Duncannon Realtor®