Dillsburg Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Dillsburg PA
Pennsylvania got its start as one of the original 13 states, known best for its beautiful mountainous landscapes and large urban cities. The towns, though much smaller than the cities of Pennsylvania are just as beautiful and just as rich in history. The same can be said for Dillsburg. Located in York County, this town is home to many a young professional, and retiree. It is best known for its popular attractions that draw crowds each year.
Continue to read why Dillsburg, PA may be a good place for you to settle down and call home.
If you would like more information on any of these Dillsburg real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties which have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
Sign up for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Dillsburg real estate listings come on the market that match your specific criteria or save your favorite Dillsburg real estate listings. The Dave Hooke Team is your key to Central PA Real Estate
Search All Dillsburg Homes for Sale Below
Dillsburg Real Estate
Living in Dillsburg, PA offers its residents a dense suburban feel, according to Niche. There are more homes owned here than rented. The median home value is $166,800, while the median rent is $861. 68% of the population owns their homes while the other 32% rent. Dillsburg ranks as #251 of 1,517 as “Best Places to Buy a House in Pennsylvania.”
- Homewood & Rosegarden. The median real estate price of this neighborhood in Dillsburg, PA is $355,872, while the average rental price is $2,000. The suburban neighborhood is made up of medium-sized to large single-family homes, as well as apartment complexes, and high-rise apartments.
- Beavertown Heights. This suburban neighborhood has median sale prices of $239,000 and good proximity to schools.
The schools in Dillsburg are rated above average, and each is zoned into Northern York County School District. The best are as follows by grade level.
- Dillsburg Elementary School. Overall Niche grade of B, Academics grade of B+, Diversity grade of C+, Teachers grade of B+
- Northern Middle School. Overall Niche grade of B, Academics grade of B, Diversity grade of C+, Teachers grade of B+
- Northern High School. Overall Niche grade of B+, Academics grade of B, Diversity grade of C+, Teachers grade of B+, College Prep grade of B-
Points of Interest
As we stated before, Dillsburg, PA is rich in history, and many local attractions appease the inner historian of us all. There are many fun, family-orientated activities in this town. Here are our top picks for you.
- Dill’s Tavern. Also known as Eichelberger’s Tavern and The Logan House, Dill’s Tavern boasts a fantastic guided tour of the Bake Oven, Wheel Wright Shop, Rye Whiskey Distillery, 1798 Log Barn, Visitor Center, and a Historic Education Garden. Tours run 1-2 hours.
- Castle Creek Farm. Explore this local Pennsylvania farm that boasts fertile farmlands where Castle Creek Farm offers a variety of herbal dip mixes, specially blended and prepared in the country kitchen. You can find a host of special events from wedding venues to the local Lavender Thyme Fair, where, you guessed it, lavender is the theme. Think lavender flowers, lavender cookies, and other things lavender. Come for a relaxing, fun time on the peaceful farm.
- Mt Airy Orchards. This family-owned farm and agri-tourism adventure in Dillsburg, PA offers a variety of 25 apples and 7 varieties of peaches. At Mt Airy Orchards, summertime also means berry time, where you are invited to pick your strawberries, blueberries, black raspberries, and blackberries.
Restaurants and Coffee Shops
Dillsburg, PA is full of amazing local restaurants and fun, quirky coffee shops. These are our top picks for the foodies and caffeine junkies traveling through Dillsburg.
- Pickle Nickel. This family-friendly counter serves plated burgers and other comfortable eats in modest digs with an attached arcade. Pickle Nickel is unique for its homey atmosphere, as the restaurant is quite literally located in a large house!
- Road Hawg Barbecue. Are you a fan of good, old-fashioned barbecue? Road Hawg Barbecue uses fresh food that is featured on their menu, with some fun house specialties with fun names like “Pierogies,” served with smoked sausage, onions, and smoked jalapeño.
- Pakha’s Thai House. This Thai-inspired eatery serves spiced-to-order dishes. At Pakha’s Thai House, you will find an abundance of fresh vegetables, chicken, seafood, and pork.
- Tucker&Co. Bakery. This coffee shop is quaint and aims in leaving you well-nourished. The bakery addition to Coffee&Co. Bakery features delicious and nutritious gluten-free and RSF recipes such as cookies, coffee cake, cookie bars, scones, and muffins.
For more local information on Dillsburg, PA, contact me at any time!