Chambersburg Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Chambersburg PA
If you would like more information on any of these Chambersburg real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties which have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
Sign up for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Chambersburg real estate listings come on the market that match your specific criteria or save your favorite Chambersburg real estate listings. The Dave Hooke Team is your key to Central PA Real Estate
Search All Chambersburg Homes for Sale Below
Chambersburg, PA is a borough in the county seat of Franklin County located in the southern central region of Pennsylvania. It is in the Cumberland Valley and is part of the Appalachian Valley. This town has a rich history, as its original settlement began in 1730 when watermills were constructed at Conococheague Creek and Falling Spring Creek. The town slowly developed on both sides of these creeks. Some infamous episodes in history that occurred at Chambersburg include the French and Indian War, the Whiskey Rebellion, John Brown's raid on Harpers Ferry, and the Civil War. More recently in history, you can find downtown Chambersburg hosts occasional events such as Food Truck Festival, and Apple Fest!
For more information about moving to Chambersburg and what to expect, continue to read!
Chambersburg, PA has a cost of living at 96, 4% lower than the national average. The median home value is $156,900, 32% lower than the national average. The median income is $46,924, 30% lower than the national average. The housing market appreciation is up by 15%. Living in Chambersburg, PA offers residents a dense suburban feel.
- Red Bridge. This suburban neighborhood in Chambersburg, PA, features mostly mid-sized homes, as well as a small off-set neighborhood of trailer homes.
Chambersburg, PA schools are zoned into the Chambersburg Area School District within Franklin County, with over 9,039 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. These are the following best schools by grade level according to Niche.
- Falling Spring Elementary School. The Overall Niche grade of B, Academics grade of B, Diversity grade of A-, Teachers grade of C+
- Chambersburg Area Middle School-South. The Overall Niche grade of C+, Academics grade of B-, Diversity grade of A, Teachers grade of C+
- Chambersburg Area Senior High School. The Overall Niche grade of B, Academics grade of B-, Diversity grade of A, Teachers grade of C+, College Prep grade of B
Points of Interest
Chambersburg, PA is a charming borough best known for its role in the Civil War, though there is more to the town than its historical riches and wonders. You and your friends can go for a nice evening out, from wineries to a fun waterpark while enjoying outdoor recreation. There is a slew of fantastic attractions in Chambersburg, we can help you plan the perfect list of points of interest to explore while in Chambersburg, PA.
- The Old Jail. Now I know we said there was more to Chambersburg than its history, but this famous historical jail was once used as the town's prison for more than 150 years.
Why You Should Visit: The Old Jail isn't just a former run-down prison cell and a relic from the 1800s, it, is still running and houses a museum detailing the history of both the building and its inmates! There are educational exhibits, a guided tour of the jail, and old cells, and you can listen to immersive tales about the inmates by your guide.
- Jim's Farmers Market. This fun community event was founded in 1978 and is considered a local treasure that offers a variety of items and local produce.
Why You Should Visit: If you are a bona fide foodie in search of organic and locally grown food and other goods, look no further than Jim's Farmers Market. Wander the market and find a plethora of baked goods and snacks and a ton of crafts!
- Jan Zell Wines. This oenophile paradise offers 20 first-rate wines and 3 ciders on tap!
Why You Should Visit: If you are on the hunt for romantic things to do, or a fun evening to spend with your girlfriends, Jan Zell Wines offers a soothing ambiance and fabulous wines where you can unwind, and enjoy first-rate wines and ciders!
Best Eateries and Coffee Shops in Chambersburg, PA
Enjoy both a serene and unhurried experience when you visit Chambersburg, PA. The city has a diverse food scene you will find exciting, with some traditional American fare and international fare to make your tastebuds dance! Discover some delicious choices of restaurants and coffee shops that will give you a zing when visiting Chambersburg, PA.
- Kenzo Japanese & Asian Fusion. This Guilford Town Square restaurant offers a classic take on Japanese, Chinese, and Thai dishes.
Why You Should Visit: This eatery is a top-rated restaurant and services creative rolls and tasty Asian dishes. Kenzo Japanese & Asian Fusion has a quaint and humble furnished dining space, offering you focus on your stunning plates!
What to Eat: Start your dining experience with a bowl of Miso soup, and move on to a variety of sushi rolls including California, Spicy Crab, Jungle, and Tropical Inferno. For a larger entree, check out the shrimp tempura with white rice!
- Montezuma Mexican Restaurant. This lively restaurant serves an extensive menu of classic recipes.
Why You Should Visit: This chart-topper restaurant is lively and has an extensive menu that will win your tastebuds over! What to Eat: At Montezuma Mexican Restaurant, you can share the nachos supremos with a party of friends or family, or check out the fiesta plato (featuring chimichangas, quesadillas, and taquitos)!
- Bistro 71. This fine-dining restaurant is located downtown in Chambersburg, PA, and offers its residents and guests an upscale American menu!
Why You Should Visit: Whether it is a dinner date or a special occasion, this spot is easy to access and has a trendy interior to allow for a contemporary, chic ambiance when dining.
What to Eat: Start an upscale meal at Bistro 71 with a plate of mussels soaked in white wine and a bowl of tomato bisque. Check out the jail island salmon and petite lobster tail for an entree worthy of fine taste.
Looking for specialty coffee and espresso when visiting Chambersburg, PA? We got you covered!
- Denim Coffee. Located in downtown Chambersburg, PA, you can find a full espresso and specialty drink menu, smoothies, baked goods, UnDone Kombucha, and more!
Why You Should Visit: All coffee drinks feature fresh weekly roasted Denim Coffee, where you can purchase bags of beans as well.
What to Drink: The menu features your usual caffeinated beverages such as cappuccinos, americanos, and drip-brew. For sweeter flavors, check out the flavored lattes. Baked goods include muffins and scones, cookies, and brownies. Not interested in a caffeine high? Check out the smoothies made with 100% real fruit, non-dairy, and no added sugar or sweeteners!
For more local information on Chambersburg, PA homes and real estate for sale, check out our website!
Contact Your Chambersburg Realtor®