Carlisle Homes for Sale
Real Estate in Carlisle PA
The historic town of Carlisle, PA is best known for its restored architecture and scenic tree-lined streets that were once walked on by the likes of George Washington, and many other icons of early America. Continue to read to find out why Carlisle, PA is a wonderful place to call home.
If you're interested in obtaining additional details about any of the Carlisle real estate listings, simply click on a property to access comprehensive information. You can also use this platform to request further information or schedule a tour. Our team is readily available to assist you by providing disclosures, past sales history, recent sales prices of neighboring properties, and any other information you require. Please don't hesitate to let us know how we can be of assistance!
Sign up for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Carlisle real estate listings come on the market that match your specific criteria or save your favorites. The Dave Hooke Team is your key to Central PA Real Estate
Search All Carlisle Homes for Sale Below
Real Estate - Housing in Carlisle
Located in Cumberland County, Carlisle, PA offers its residents a dense suburban feel. According to Niche, the median home value in Carlisle is $186,600 and the median rent is $891. 51% of the population rents their homes, while the other 49% own their homes. Carlisle ranks as #320 of 1,520 as “Best Places to Live in Pennsylvania.”
- Rockwell Farms/ Callapatscink. The real estate price of this beautiful local neighborhood is $472,097. The average rental price is $1,547.
- Meadowbrook Farms. The median real estate price in this neighborhood is $375,533. The average rental price is $1,747 and the neighborhood is well-established with homes built between 1970-1999 to present.
- Schlusser. The real estate price is $233,642, making this neighborhood much more affordable than the three. Composed of small single-family homes to medium single-family homes, the rental price of this quaint neighborhood is $1,828.
Schools in Carlisle
The public school systems in Carlisle, PA are zoned into the Cumberland Valley School District, with an overall A grade from Niche, boasting 9,787 students in grades K-12 with a student/teacher ratio of 18:1. These are the following best schools rated by grade level in Carlisle, PA.
- Winding Creek Elementary School. Overall Niche grade of A, Academics grade of A-, Diversity grade of A, Teachers grade of A-
- Yellow Breeches Middle School. Overall Niche grade of B, Academics grade of B, Diversity grade of C+, Teachers grade of A-
- Carlisle Area High School. Overall Niche grade of B+, Academics grade of B+, Diversity grade of B+, Teachers grade of B+, College Prep grade of B+
Points of Interest in Carlisle
- If you and/or the family are outdoor enthusiasts, you will appreciate the easy accessibility of the Appalachian Trail, as well as the community hiking, biking, and beaches near more state parks. If you are visiting, check out the town’s bike-friendly lanes.
- Fans of history and historic monuments will want to dive into the past at the U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center, as well as the Cumberland County Historical Society. For those who enjoy walking, check out the self-guided walking tours that will explain the surrounding architecture and the unique stories in Carlisle.
Restaurants in Carlisle
In Carlisle, introduce your tastebuds to a large variety of culinary excellence surrounded by the history of the beautiful downtown area.
- Cafe Bruges. In downtown Carlisle, experience a taste of Belgium at Cafe Bruges. Here, enjoy traditional Belgian foods, beer, and ale in a casual setting.
- Passage to India. Located in the heart of the historic downtown, Passage to India offers traditional Indian cuisine. The menu offers a modern interpretation of classic Indian dishes with high-quality fresh ingredients.
- Grazery. Here, you will find the menu is based on Greek and Mediterranean styles featuring fresh and homemade sandwiches, soups, and salads. At Grazery, you can find many vegan and vegetarian options. This unique restaurant also sells a selection of Mediterranean flavors to add to your home pantry.
Coffee shops in Carlisle
Find your next caffeine fix at a cozy, local coffee shop with an array of pastries, and savory breakfast, and lunch options. Grab some stellar Java and settle in with family or friends to recharge before heading out for your next Cumberland County adventure!
- Denim Coffee. Located just in the square of downtown Carlisle, all of the specially selected coffee drinks feature Denim Coffee’s coffee beans freshly roasted weekly at the headquarters in Shippensburg. There is also a fun secretion of beautiful, delicious pastries to choose from to compliment your cup of Joe!
- Helena’s Chocolate Café and Crêperie. Indulge in a variety of sweet and savory crêpes; bacon, egg, and gruyère cheese, or fresh spinach and feta filled, to Nutella and local honey filled crêpes. You can also find delicious cups of coffee from sweet to bitter, hot and iced at Helena's Chocolate Café and Crêperie!
- Sage Cafe. A hidden local gem of Carlisle, Sage Cafe offers indoor and outdoor seating options, making it the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a delicious meal and coffee! The menu boasts a variety of both sweet and savory dishes, and the coffee selection is fun and full of different caffeinated beverages.
For more local information on Carlisle, PA, contact us! We are your Carlisle Realtor!
Contact Your Carlisle Realtor®